IT’S NOT HOW HARD YOU SWING, BUT HOW WELL YOU SWING!
The Swing Speed Radar® is a small, affordable microwave Doppler radar velocity sensor that measures the bat swing speed of baseball and softball players. Baseball and softball players can develop their optimum bat speed for distance, quickness, and bat control for consistent ball contact (Measuring Bat Speed with the Swing Speed Radar®).
- The immediate quantitative feedback provided by the Swing Speed Radar® reinforces instructions for improving hitting mechanics.
- The Swing Speed Radar® provides a basis for measuring improvement.
- Use the Swing Speed Radar with your coach or instructor, at the practice facility, field or at home, while practicing on your own.
- The Swing Speed Radar® measures the speed of the bat barrel, not the bat tip, out front, in the ball contact zone. The hitter needs to learn to hit the ball on the “sweet area” of the bat, not the bat tip.
- Good bat swing mechanics should produce maximum swing speed.
- Use the Swing Speed Radar® to help select the optimum bat for each player.